David Isaac –
David Isaac is the business Principal and Director of Fire and Safety Technologies Pty. Ltd.
David is an industry veteran of 50 years in electrical systems design installation and commissioning for building services, heavy industrial installations and essential services systems including fire detection, warning and smoke control systems.
David is an Accredited Practitioner Fire Safety F011196D ‘Detection & Alarm Systems’ – Advanced Level 3 under the FPA Australia Fire Systems Design Accreditation Scheme for NSW and Victoria.
David holds post trade electrical engineering certificates (diploma level) in Building Services and Heavy Industrial installations.
David is an Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) Registered cabler and holds electrical licenses in NSW and Queensland.
In 2016 the Fire Protection Association Australia (FPAA) awarded David with the AV Viscogliosi award which recognises “Excellence for outstanding service to fire protection”.
In 2019, David was elected to the Board of Directors of the Fire Protection Association of Australia.
David is a participating member of:
- Australian Standards Committee FP002 – ‘Fire Detection, Warning, Control & Intercom Systems’ which writes the suite of
- Australian Standards on fire detection and alarm systems.
- Australian Standards Sub-Committee ME-062 advising the committee on the electrical performance and compliance for AS 1668.1 ‘The use of ventilation and air-conditioning in buildings Part 1: Fire and smoke control in buildings’.
- Australian Standard Committee FP-004 – Automatic Fire Sprinkler Installations – Electrical liaison position between committees FP-002 and FP-004.
- Fire Protection Association Australia (FPAA) Technical Advisory Committee TAC/2.
- A former FPAA representative to Australian Communications Industry Forum Cabling Advisory Group (ACIF/CAG) telecommunications industry cabling Standards.
David served as a volunteer in the NSW Rural Fire Service from 1978 to 1989.
In the last 30 years David has worked in private consulting, advising corporations on building fire safety measures (safety services) and held senior management roles for major international fire detection system manufacturers.
In the last 20 years David has been an active participant in Fire Industry Associations and the Standards writing processes in Australia.
David is a consumer advocate and has published several articles on the imperative of uniformity and Code compliance of fire safety measures. David is well known for his technical expertise and has had several engagements as an expert witness.
David is a major stake holder for regulatory reform for residential smoke alarm installations and has appeared in several Television and ABC radio programs since 2006.