Simon Barratt is the Foam Product Manager for Viking EMEA and is currently living in the United Kingdom.
Educated in Business and Finance with over 27 years of Fire Protection experience.
Simon began his career at Sprinkler manufacturer, Central Spraysafe where he worked on internal sales and distribution for the EMEA and APAC regions.
He joined Viking’s UK organisation in 1999 with 2 years as external Sales Representative followed by 12 years as Regional Sales Manager, which, in addition to the usual commercial responsibilities, encompassed marketing and technical support for the UK and Ireland territories also.
Simon moved to his current role of Foam Product Manager in 2013 and is responsible for the internal organization of sales, marketing, technical support, R&D and certification of Viking’s expanding line of fixed fire protection Foam Products.
Current and past experiences related specifically to Foam Products within Viking;
- Responsible for global R&D activities related to fixed foam system hardware.
- Frequently working with core foam tests standards such as FM5130, UL162 and EN13565-1
- Participation in NFPA11 and NFPA409 committees.
- Responsible for technical writing and documentation for the foam product line globally.
- Director of Viking’s foam hardware manufacturing division in Italy.
- Experience and involvement in the test approval process involving foam qualities, fire tests and proportioning for example.
- Part of the foam technical support team.
- Lead member of the SFFF transition team.
- Responsible for setting our procedures and policies for on-site commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Own experience of on-site activities such as proportioning systems, foam sampling and water/foam cannons (monitors).
- Responsible for new product launches and training.
- Due to previous Viking positions, deep understanding of wet sprinkler, deluge, preaction and flow control systems that foam hardware is integrated into.